September 2, 2011 @ 3:13 pm
Pranam Ben, the chief operating officer of Orlando, Florida-based NIIT Healthcare Technologies, a division of NIIT, a global IT solutions organization joins the show. NIIT has 10,000+ employees worldwide in 44 countries, including North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Pranam founded NIIT's healthcare division, which is focused on developing programs that improve patient care and physician connectivity through mobile technology.
Prior to becoming COO, Ben was the founder and CEO of Visions@work, the forerunner of NIIT Healthcare Technologies. He also was director of professional services in NCR Corp.’s healthcare division and was a senior manager at HCL Technologies.
Pranam Ben discusses and answers the following:
- How is mobile technology changing healthcare?
- You say that technology is helping to change healthcare from provider-driven to patient-driven. What do you mean by that?
- Providers sometimes have trouble getting stakeholders to embrace technology. How have you handled that challenge?
- How have you been able to tap into the popularity of iPads to improve healthcare? And can you give me an example?
- How is your company using technology to make patient records accessible to authorized providers?
Save this to your iPod/mp3 player or the desktop on your computer and listen to it again for your guide or simply subscribe to this feed and never miss another episode on eHealth Radio - powered by eDrugStore.md. Refer to audio player and links below.
Note: The views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions or beliefs of the show host or it's owners.