September 2, 2011 @ 3:03 pm
Vaishali Kamat, group manager of medical technology for Cambridge Consultants joins the show.
Vaishali Kamat is a Group Manager in the MedTech division of Cambridge Consultants, an innovative product development company. Over the past 6 years, Vaishali has led several large projects at Cambridge Consultants for the development of medical devices in the diagnostics, drug delivery and surgical domains. Vaishali also leads the company’s initiative in Connected Health, helping clients design and develop smart connectivity solutions for healthcare. Prior to joining Cambridge Consultants, Vaishali was part of the Global Ultrasound division at G.E. Healthcare and helped design GE’s premium radiology scanners.
Vaishali Kamat answers and discusses the following:
- What factors do you think will influence the direction/growth of the eHealth market? What are the main challenges faced today?
- Which new technologies will have the biggest impact on the telemedicine market?
- Will telehealth/telemedicine really survive without proper reimbursement?
- What are your thoughts on the recent guidance from the FDA on mHealth? How does it affect device development?
- What advice do you have for device makers/solution providers wanting to develop new products for this market?
Save this to your iPod/mp3 player or the desktop on your computer and listen to it again for your guide or simply subscribe to this feed and never miss another episode on eHealth Radio - powered by eDrugStore.md. Refer to audio player and links below.
Note: The views expressed do not necessarily reflect the opinions or beliefs of the show host or it's owners.